Sulazine EC 500mg
What is Sulfasalazine EC?
112 Sulazine EC has Sulfasalazine, an aminosalicylate as its active ingredient. Aminosalicylates are a group of medicines used in the treatment of some inflammatory gut diseases.
What is Sulfasalazine for?
Sulfasalazine is a Disease Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD). Having anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it is used to reduce inflammation in bowel diseases and reduce joint swelling and stiffness in rheumatoid arthritis. It is also administered in the treatment of Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Sulfasalazine is mostly used when non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are not effective, or if NSAIDs are contraindicated in a patient.
Use Sulfasalazine as directed by your doctor. Do not take Sulfasalazine in more or less quantity than prescribed by your doctor.
Do not skip any doses, do not double-dose, and do not stop taking Sulfasalazine unless instructed by your doctor.
Use Sulfasalazine while eating or immediately after a meal. Drink plenty of water while taking Sulfasalazine in order to protect your kidney from some of the side effects.
Sulfasalazine Side Effects
Some of the common side effects of Sulfasalazine includes:
- Abdominal pains
- Inflammation in the gum or the lining of the mouth
Sulfasalazine is contraindicated in the following people;
- People with an allergy to salicylates such as Aspirin
- People with the hereditary blood disorder called Porphyria
- Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Do not take Sulfasalazine and indigestion medication such as antacids at the same time of the day, as the antacids may affect its absorption.
- Sulazine EC tablets are to be swallowed whole. Do not chew or crush.
- Avoid direct or prolonged exposure to sunlight when taking this medication.
- Sulfasalazine may cause dizziness. If you feel dizzy, do not drive or take part in any activity that requires you to be alert.
Sulazine EC 500mg Cost
Sulazine EC 500mg tablets are available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy.