What is Securon injection?
Securon injection belongs to a group of medicines called calcium channel blockers and its active ingredient is verapamil hydrochloride.
What is Securon injection used for?
Securon injection is used for the treatment of abnormal heart rhythms such as an irregular or rapid heart rate.
What does Securon injection contain?
Each ampoule of Securon injection solution contains 2.5 mg per ml verapamil hydrochloride in water for injections and sodium chloride, with hydrochloric acid as pH adjuster.
What is securon injection dosage?
Adults: take 5-10 mg by slow intravenous injection for 2 minutes.
Elderly patients: Securon injection may be given at a slower rate. An extra 5 mg may be injected after 5 to 10 minutes if necessary.
Children (0-1 Year): 0.1 to 0.2 mg per kg bodyweight
Children (1-15 years): 0.1 to 0.3 mg per kg bodyweight
The Securon injection may be repeated after 30 minutes, if necessary.
How is securon injection given?
• Securon injection is given to you by injection into a vein (intravenously) by a doctor.
• Do not self-administer Securon injection.
• Securon dose varies according to your condition which is determined by your doctor.
• Your blood pressure and Ecg(Electrical activity of the heart) are monitored by the medical team all through your treatment with securon.
What are the side effects of taking Securon injection?
Common side effects include;
• Flushing of the face or neck,
• Movement disorders,
• Abnormal discomfort,
• Abdominal pain
Is Securon injection safe to use in pregnancy and Breastfeeding?
Consult with your physician before you take Securon if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Where to buy Securon injection?
Buy securon injection at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.