Riluzole 50mg Tablet (56 Tablets)
What is Riluzole Tablet Used For?
Riluzole tablet is used for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS; Lou Gehrig’s disease). Riluzole tablets can be purchased at Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is ALS Disease?
ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) is a neurological disease that causes muscle weakness and impairs physical function. The nerve cells break down, which reduces functionality in the muscles that they supply.
What are the Symptoms of ALS?
- Muscle weakness
- problems with coordination
- Stiff muscles
- Loss of muscle
- Muscle spasms, or overactive reflexes
- Difficulty speaking
- Vocal cord spasm, or impaired voice
- Fatigue or feeling faint
- Difficulty swallowing
- Foot drop
- Mild cognitive impairment
- Severe constipation
- Shortness of breath
What is Riluzole Composition?
It contains Riluzole 50mg as the active ingredient.
The other ingredients include; Calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous (E341), Microcrystalline cellulose (E460), Povidone (K-30) (E1201), Croscarmellose sodium (E468), Colloidal anhydrous silica (E551), Talc, Magnesium stearate (E572).
How Does Riluzole Work?
Riluzole belongs to a class of medications called Benzothiazoles which works by changing the activity of certain natural substances in the body that affect nerves and muscles. It helps to slow down the worsening of ALS disease and prolong survival.
Riluzole 50mg Dosage
The recommended dose of Riluzole is one tablet, twice a day taken orally by mouth, every 12 hours, at the same time of the day.
How to Use Riluzole 50mg
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Take Riluzole at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
- Riluzole tablet works best if there is a constant amount in the blood and to keep blood levels constant, take Riluzole tablet at the same time each day (eg, in the morning and the evening) and do not miss any doses of Riluzole.
What are the Common Side Effects of Riluzole Tablet?
Sides effects of Riluzole tablet include;
- Bladder pain
- Blurred vision
- Dark urine
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Increased cough
- Itching skin
How long will it Take for Riluzole to Prolong Life?
Riluzole is approved for use in the treatment of ALS and has been shown to prolong life by an average of three months.
Where Can I Buy Riluzole 50mg Online In Nigeria?
Buy Riluzole 50mg at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store in Lagos.