Quality Sleep- A Step To Healthy Living
Did you know that humans are the only mammals who deliberately delay sleep? The answers under your breath are valid but not enough reason to deprive yourself of sleep. If as an adult you have less than 7 hours of sleep daily, it means you are sleep deprived.
As humans face unending responsibilities, sleep deprivation gives a false impression of being a hard worker. The irony that refused to be accepted is quality sleep equals productivity and good health which means less sleep frustrates your creative abilities and leads to irritability and fatigue in the long run.
Research shows that lack of sleep is one of the leading causes of dementia. Lack of sleep leads to increased development of a toxic protein called beta amyloid and if you are not having a good sleep every night, more of that protein will build up causing dementia.
It will also shock you to know that less sleep means more weight. The majority of fat burning happens at night when asleep!
Exercising, diet, and sleep are intertwined and are essentially vital for healthy living. If you must exercise, ensure you have a minimum of 7 to 9 hours of solid sleep.
If you sleep less than 7 hours at night, you need to revamp your sleep routine.
How to revamp your sleep routine
If you do want to revamp your sleep routine, there is a need to reset your body clock. Our body clocks regulate our bodies’ circadian rhythms including sleep patterns.
1. Reschedule your bedtime – it is difficult to sleep earlier than usual but it will happen over time. In cases like this, it is best to schedule 15 minutes earlier than usual.
2. Avoid sugar spike before bedtime: Avoid sugary food, and caffeine rather, eat something that promotes sleep.
3. Screen time: Avoid screen time 30 minutes before bedtime
4. Create a relaxed bedtime routine: Ensure the lights are put off, your bed comfortable and your room is well-ventilated.
5. Talk to a pharmacist: If your job is interfering with sleep, or you are battling with sleep, please talk to a licenced pharmacist here
Remember fake drugs do not announce themselves. Get your authentic medication from drugstore.ng today
Don’t miss out on healthy tips and discounts anymore, sign up to newsletter here