What is the Publitem used for?
Publitem tablet is used for the treatment of malaria infection in both adults and children weighing 5kg and above. Publitem is a combination medication which belongs to a group of medicines called antimalarials. However, the Publitem is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe/complicated malaria (when the brain, lungs, or kidneys are affected). The Publitem is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is the composition of the Publitem?
Publitem contains Artemether and Lumefantrine as active ingredients. It comes in the strengths of 20/120mg and 80/480mg.
Publitem is usually taken twice a day with a meal for 3 days, or take the Publitem as directed by your physician.
How is the Publitem taken?
• Take Publitem with food,
• Take the Publitem exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
• For the first dose of Publitem treatment, take your first dose with food, followed by your second dose 8 hours later.
• Do not overdose on the Publitem.
How long does it take for the Publitem to be effective?
The initial effect of the Publitem can be observed within 2-3 hours of administration.
What is the side effect of the Publitem?
A common side effect of the Publitem includes;
• Abdominal pain and cramps
• Itching and skin rash
• Dizziness and lightheadedness
• Muscle and joint pain
• Sleep disturbances
• Weight loss
Is the Publitem suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers?
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult with their physicians before taking the Publitem tab.
Who should not use Publitem?
• Patients that are allergic to Publitem and any of its ingredients
• Patients with impaired kidney and liver
• Patients with Hormonal contraceptives
• Patients with severe and complicated malaria infection
Where to buy the Publitem?
Buy the Publitem at Drugstore.ng Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store