NEUPRO 2mg /24H
What is Neupro used for?
Neupro is a prescription medicine used for the symptomatic treatment of moderate to severe idiopathic Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) in adults which is characterized by an irresistible urge to move the legs. Neupro is also used for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of early-stage idiopathic Parkinson’s disease as monotherapy (i.e. without levodopa) or in combination with levodopa. Neupro is available for purchase at Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy in Lagos.
How does Neupro work?
Neupro belongs to a group of medications known as dopamine agonists. Dopamine agonists stimulate a certain type of cells that bind with dopamine receptors in the brain.
What is the active ingredient in Neupro?
The active ingredient in Neupro is Rotigotine.
What is Neupro composition?
Neupro comes as a transdermal patch and each patch releases 2 mg of rotigotine per 24 hours.
Each patch contains 4.5 mg of rotigotine.
For Restless leg syndrome: A single daily dose of Neupro should be initiated at 1 mg/24 h. The dose may be increased in weekly increments of 1 mg/24 h to a maximum dose of 3 mg/24 h, depending on the individual patient’s response.
For Parkinson’s disease: A single daily dose of Neupro should be initiated at 2 mg/24 h and then increased weekly to an effective dose up to a maximum dose of 8 mg/24 h.
How to administer Neupro?
• Follow all the instructions written on the medicine leaflet.
• Neuro is for transdermal use only
• If Neupro is applied once a day, the patch should be applied at approximately the same time every day.
• The patch remains on the skin for 24 hours and then, it should be replaced by a new one at a different site of application.
• If the patient forgets to apply the Neupro patch at the usual time of the day or if the patch becomes detached, then another patch should be applied for the remainder of the day.
• The Neupro patch should be applied to clean, dry, intact healthy skin on the abdomen, thigh, hip, flank, shoulder, or upper arm.
• Do not reapply the Neupro patch to the same site within 14 days.
• Neupro patch should not be placed on the skin that is red, irritated or damaged
What are the side effects of using a Neupro patch?
Common side effects of using a Neupro patch include;
• Vomiting at the beginning of treatment
• Skin reactions caused by the patch such as; redness and itching
• High blood pressure
How long does it take for Neupro to start working?
The Neupro medicine usually won’t show up on blood tests until at least 3 hours after applying a patch and it makes take several weeks of using Neupro to get the appropriate dose that will improve your condition.
When is the best time to apply the Neupro patch?
Apply the Neupro patch as soon as the protective pouch is removed.
Where to buy Neupro in Nigeria?
Buy Neupro patch at the best prices in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.