What is Mikatem used for?
Mikatem is used for the treatment of malaria infection in both adults and children weighing 5kg and above. Mikatem is a combination medication which belongs to a group of medicines called antimalarials. However, the Mikatem is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe/complicated malaria (when the brain, lungs, or kidneys are affected). Mikatem is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is the composition of the Mikatem?
Each Mikatem contains 80mg Artemether and 480mg Lumefantrine as the active ingredient.
Mikatem is usually taken twice a day with a meal for 3 days, or take the Nimartem QS as directed by your physician.
How is the Mikatem taken?
• Take Mikatem with food,
• Take the Mikatem exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
• for the first dose of Mikatem treatment, take your first dose with food, followed by your second dose 8 hours later.
• Do not overdose on the Mikatem
How long does it take for the Mikatem to be effective?
The initial effect of the Mikatem can be observed within 2-3 hours of administration.
What is the side effect of the Mikatem?
A common side effect of the Mikatem includes;
• Abdominal pain and cramps
• Itching and skin rash
• Dizziness and lightheadedness
• Muscle and joint pain
• Sleep disturbances
• Weight loss
Is the Mikatem suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers?
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult with their physicians before taking the Mikatem tab.
Who should not use the Mikatem?
• Patients that are allergic to Mikatem and any of its ingredients
• Patients with impaired kidney and liver
• Patients with Hormonal contraceptives
• Patients with severe and complicated malaria infection
Where to buy the Mikatem?
Buy the Mikatem at Drugstore.ng Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store