Migraine – Causes, health implications and tips to curb it.
Ever felt a headache before? Then, you have experienced one of the most common sicknesses that people experience in the world. Headaches are the most common pain felt by people in the world and it ranges in their severity: from mild to very severe pains.
Headaches are a result of impulses sent from the blood streams and other vessels as a result of abnormal movements in the brain. When changes occur in the metabolism of a person, the nerve receives these impulses and sends the message to the brain which would eventually result in headaches.
Headaches, as opposed to the general beliefs of people, could be a result of pain from nerve responses. It doesn’t necessarily arise as a result of a buildup of other sicknesses in the body. It can also be a result of stress, exposure to a loud sound system or noise, change in hormones, especially during menstruation for ladies, and unrest.
There are two main classes of headaches and they are
- Primary Headache
- Secondary Headache
Other kinds of headaches fall under these classes of headaches. Without any further ado, let’s talk about Migraine
Migraine is a severe condition, often at the right or left part of the face that leads to severe throbbing and intense pain. It puts a hold on the normal daily activities of the person, depending on its severity. Medical experts arrived that migraine can’t be cured but treatments: home and medical remedies can cure the intensity of the pain. Migraine is also hereditary and can be passed through the family gene. Research shows that the average men and women, engaged in productive activities daily experience migraine.
Common symptoms of migraine are:
- Sensitivity to light rays
Causes of Migraine
An exposure to certain condition can trigger Migraine and its symptoms is not exclusive, it varies from person to person. Studies have shown that women have a high chance of experiencing migraine, mostly prevalent in their peak productive years than men. People with Migraine experience difficulties during and between the attack, taking its toll on their movement, everyday activities, emotions and social activities. It is advisable to avoid these migraine triggers.
Some of the possible Migraine triggers include:
- Physical and health issues like burn out, tiredness, lack of sleep, dehydration and jet lag, a medical condition caused by crossing time zones during flights that changes the Circadian rhythm of the body.
- Environmental factors like exposure to a loud sound system, inhalation of fumes from exhaust pipes, stuffy room
- Medical conditions like the intake of certain drugs e.g sleeping pills
- Emotional triggers like stress
- Tension headache triggers migraine too. It is a condition characterized by pressure and pain on both sides of the head at the same time.
- Hormonal changes for females during menstruation
Health tips for Migraine.
As mentioned earlier, medical experts haven’t discovered the cure for migraine but they’ve provided helpful tips that can mellow down the severity of the pain.
- Seek medical help: Unlike other kinds of headache that is mild and treated with self-care, migraine cannot be managed. If symptoms persist, it’s advisable to seek medical counsel to help elucidate the pains. You can reach out to a medical expert here if you have any questions.
- Take sufficient rest: Most people are very guilty of this. Just because you want to make the most of your time doesn’t make you rule rest. In the real sense, rest is a productive activity that gives your body the momentum to get back into shape. You can read our blog post on sleep here to educate yourself on the benefits of quality sleep.
- Mind your daily routine: Everything you do, take a step at a time. Don’t be under pressure to perform. In the end, it would take its toll on your health. Ensure to eliminate tasks that can result in migraine.
- Be faithful to your medications: If you experience any of the symptoms of migraine, talk to a pharmacist and use the drugs prescribed. You can also get your authentic medication from drugstore.ng today.
For more health tips and updates on products price and discounts, subscribe to the weekly newsletter here