Melanov–M Product Information
What is Melanov – M?
Melanov- M tablet is a medication Containing both gliclazide and metformin hydrochloride as its active ingredients. This medication is used in treating high blood sugar levels in type-2 diabetes, treatment of type-2 diabetes mellitus by increasing the amount of insulin released into the body with the result of restoring proper insulin response.
What are the side effects of Melanov-M?
Some of the Side effects of Melanov-M listed here are possible, but do not always occur, may be rare but serious, or may not be listed. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any effects listed here or unlisted, especially if these effects persist.
Some side effects may include:
• Stevens-Johnson syndrome
• Gastrointestinal disturbances
• muscle pain
• Numb or cold feeling in arms and legs
• Trouble breathing
• stomach pain
• irregular heartbeat
What precautions should I take when using Melanov-M?
• Discuss all existing medical conditions with your doctor
• discuss all existing medication you are or will be on with your doctor
• Inform your doctor of all allergies and pre-existing conditions
• the dosage of this medication is based on your condition
• discontinue this medication if jaundice or hepatitis occurs
• There is an increased risk of hypoglycemia if you overdose on this medication
• There is a high risk of hypoglycemia if glucose or energy intake is deficient
• always take this medication with food
• Regularly monitor your blood pressure level when you are using this medication
What strengths does Melanov-M come in?
Melanov-M tablets contain 80mg of Glicliazide and 500mg of metformin hydrochloride.
Is Melanov-M safe for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
The active ingredients of Melanov-M which are Glicliazide and metformin hydrochloride are not safe for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before using Melanov-M.