What is Mebendazole?
Mebendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. It prevents newly hatched insect larvae (worms) from growing or multiplying in your body.
What is Mebendazole used for?
Mebendazole is used to treat infections caused by worms such as whipworm, pinworm, roundworm, and hookworm.
It is also used to treat infections caused by more than one of these worms at the same time. A mebendazole tablet may be swallowed, chewed, or crushed and mixed with food.
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist to determine your dosage of Mebendazole.
- Use this medicine for the full prescribed length of time.
- Follow your doctor or pharmacist’s prescription or refer to directions on the prescription label.
- Do not discontinue this medication even if your symptoms have improved. It does not mean the infection is completely cleared.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Avoid missing your doses of Mebendazole as this may increase your risk of further infection or bacterial resistance.
How long does it take for Mebendazole to work?
You may also need to take this mebendazole for 1 to 3 days, depending on the condition you are treating. However, it could take as long as 3 weeks before the infection that is being treated is completely cleared.
Mebendazole Side effects
Some common side effects of Mebendazole may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Mebendazole is not an antiviral medication, and will not treat viral infections such as flu or common cold.
Mebendazole is available at the best prices on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.