What is Maldox used for?
Maldox is an antimalarial prescribed for the prevention of malaria and treatment of falciparum malaria, resistant to chloroquine in both adults and children. Maldox is suitable for travellers going to malaria-resistant regions. Maldox is available at Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy in Lagos.
What is the composition of Maldox?
Maldox contains Sulfadoxine and Pyrimethamine as the active ingredients.
Each Maldox tab contains Sulfadoxine 500mg and Pyrimethamine 25mg.
How does Maldox work?
Maldox works by blocking the formation of folinic acid within the malaria organism, which then kills the malaria parasite in the blood.
The recommended dose of Maldox is 3 tablets at once as the initial dose and after 7 days the second dose if needed.
How to take Maldox
• Follow the instructions written on the Maldox leaflet or follow your Doctor’s advice.
• Take Maldox by mouth and after food
• Take Maldox tab with plenty of water to prevent crystal or stone formation in the urinary tract.
• Avoid excessive exposure to the sun while taking Maldox
What are the side effects of taking Maldox?
Common side effects of Maldox include;
• Allergic reactions such as skin rashes, dizziness, swelling
Can Maldox be used by a pregnant woman?
Please seek your doctor’s advice before taking mailbox in pregnancy.
Who should not take Maldox?
Maldox is contraindicated in;
• Patients with severe kidney or liver failure
• In patients with a blood disorder
• Patients with hypersensitivity to components, megaloblastic anaemia due to folic acid deficiency
• Infants less than 2 months old.
Where to buy Maldox tab?
Buy Maldox tab at Drugstore ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.