Linezolid is used to treat infections such as pneumonia and skin infections. It can be used in people of all ages and in people with liver disease or poor kidney function. Linezolid will not work for colds, flu, and other viral infections.
How does Linezolid work?
Linezolid is in a class of antibacterials called oxazolidinones. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. When given for short periods, linezolid is a relatively safe antibiotic.
What are the side effects of Linezolid?
Common side effects of Linezolid include
How to Use Linezolid
Use as directed by your doctor or pharmacist or read the directions on your prescription label carefully.
Linezolid comes as a tablet and oral suspension to be taken by mouth. It is usually taken with or without food twice a day (every 12 hours) for the length of time prescribed.
The length of your treatment depends on the type of infection you have.
- Using antibiotics when they are not needed increases your risk of getting an infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
- Take linezolid until you finish the prescription, even if you feel better.
- Do not stop taking linezolid without talking to your doctor.
- Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
- If you stop taking linezolid too soon or if you skip doses, your infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may become resistant to antibiotics.
Get Linezolid at the best prices when you buy on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.