Letrozole is used to treat certain types of breast cancer in women who have already stopped menstruating (postmenopausal). Female hormones that occur naturally in the body can increase the growth of some breast cancers. Letrozole works by decreasing the amounts of these hormones in the body. This medicine is available only with your doctor’s prescription.
It is also used for women who have already had other cancer treatments (eg, tamoxifen). The risks of taking this medication must be weighed against the intending benefits. This is a decision you and your doctor will make.
Letrozole is available as a tablet. The dose of this medication will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor’s orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
What are the most common side effects of letrozole?
- Common side effects of letrozole include:
- Joint pain or ache
- Depression and anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping
- Menopausal symptoms
- Increased blood pressure and cholesterol levels
Is Letrozole safe for fertility?
Letrozole is known for stimulating ovulation, thereby improving the rate and chances of fertility in people with PCOS.
- Letrozole may also be taken with or without food.
- The use and dose of Letrozole must be determined by your doctor.
- Do not take more of it, do not take it more often, and do not take it for a longer time than your doctor prescribed.
- The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
Letrozole is available on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.