LATANOPROST EYE DROPS FRG
Latanoprost eye drop is used together with other medicine for the treatment of high pressure inside the eye due to glaucoma (open-angle type) or other eye diseases (such as ocular hypertension).
It is available only at your doctor’s prescription.
Latanoprost Eye Drop Ingredient
Active ingredient: latanoprost.
How Latanoprost Eye Drop Works to Reduce Eye Pressure.
Latanoprost Eye Drop appears to work by increasing the outflow of fluid from the eye which lowers the pressure in the eye.
Direction of Use & Dosage of Latanoprost Eye Drops
Adults: The usual dose of Latanoprost Eye is 1 drop into the affected eye every evening.
Children: The dose must be prescribed by the doctor.
Direction of Use
Here are the instructions for using Latanoprost Eye Drop
- Begin by washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after using the medicine.
- Shake the container well just before each use.
- Tilt your head backward slightly. Gently press your finger on the skin just beneath the lower eyelid and pull it away from your eye to create a small pocket.
- Carefully place the prescribed number of drops of the medicine into this pocket. Avoid touching the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye, to keep the medicine sterile.
- Release the eyelid and gently close your eyes. Try not to blink.
- For 1 or 2 minutes, apply slight pressure to the inner corner of your eye with your finger. This helps the medicine to be absorbed properly.
- To maintain the sterility of the medicine, always keep the container tightly closed.
- It’s important to note that if you wear contact lenses, you should remove them before using this medicine. Wait at least 15 minutes after applying the medicine before reinserting your contact lenses.
- If you are using latanoprost in combination with other eye medications, make sure to administer them at least 5 minutes apart from each other.
Latanoprost Eye Drop Side Effects
- Change in eye color.
- Red and itchy eyelids
- Irritated eye and eye pain.
- Inflamed eyelid.
- Eye infection (conjunctivitis)
- Changes to your eyelashes (growing longer and thicker)
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
Can Latanoprost Eye drops cure glaucoma?
Latanoprost Eye Drop controls glaucoma but does not cure it. Continue to use latanoprost Eye Drop even if you feel well. Do not stop using latanoprost Eye Drop without talking to your doctor.
How Long Does it Take for Latanoprost Eye Drops to Work?
The pressure in your eye will start to reduce 3 to 4 hours after using the Latanoprost Eye Drops. Latanoprost Eye Drops reach full effect after 8 to 12 hours, and the reduced pressure will last for at least 24 hours.
Is there a possibility of complete recovery from glaucoma?
Glaucoma is often found in adults over the age of 60, but it can occur at any age. While there is no known cure for glaucoma, early diagnosis and treatment can effectively slow down or halt the progression of vision loss associated with the disease.
What is the Price of Latanoprost Eye Drop in Nigeria?
Latanoprost Eye Drop is available on Drugstore.ng, at ₦3,450.
Where can you buy Latanoprost Eye Drop?
Buy Latanoprost Eye Drop online at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.