Janumet is a combination medication used in the treatment of type 2 Diabetes. It contains Metformin and Sitagliptin Metformin is a biguanide. It works by reducing the amount of sugar your liver releases into your blood and helps your body respond better to insulin. Sitagliptin is a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor that works by increasing the amount of insulin your body makes.
This medication is used alongside a good diet and exercise to aid blood sugar control in people with type 2 diabetes.
Is Janumet the same as metformin?
Janumet is a combination of two diabetic medications – Metformin and Sitagliptin. Metformin works by lowering the amount of sugar your liver releases into your blood and helps your body respond better to insulin.
How should I take Janumet?
The typical dose for this medication is 1 tablet, twice daily with meals. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions, or refer to the medication guide.
What are the side effects of taking Janumet?
Common side effects of Janumet includes:
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Upset stomach
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Does Janumet cause kidney problems?
Do not use Janumet if you have severe kidney disease or diabetic ketoacidosis. Janumet may cause or worsen kidney complications in patients. Consult your doctor if you have any kidney-related conditions before taking Janumet.
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
- Do not break/cut the tablet before taking it. If you have trouble swallowing the tablet whole, tell your doctor.
- While taking Janumet, avoid foods that are high in saturated and trans fats. Instead, consume fats from fish, nuts, and olive oil.
- Monitor your carbohydrate intake, as this will directly affect your blood sugar.
- Tell your doctor of any allergies you have before taking this medication.
Janumet is available at best prices on Drugstore Nigeria, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.