Glucophage is a brand name for the medication, Metformin. Metformin is an oral diabetes medication that is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. It can be used alone or administered alongside insulin or other medications.
Metformin is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
What does Glucophage do?
Glucophage is administered as part of a full treatment program which also includes diet and exercise for adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is mostly recommended for patients who are overweight.
What is the difference between Glucophage and Metformin?
Metformin is the generic name for Glucophage. It is sold under the brand name, Glucophage.
What are the side effects of Glucophage?
Some of the side effects of Glucophage include:
- Muscle pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
Is Glucophage good for weight loss?
Metformin may help people with diabetes to lose weight by reducing their appetites.
Before using Glucophage, tell your doctor if you have any of the following:
- An allergy to Metformin.
- Any of severe kidney disease, metabolic acidosis or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- High levels of ketone in your blood.
- History or current condition of heart failure
- An upcoming surgery or x-ray or scan that involve the injection of dyes into your veins.
How should I take Glucophage?
Use Glucophage exactly as prescribed by your doctor or follow the directions on your prescription label. Glucophage is to be taken with a meal, unless your doctor instructs otherwise.
- Do not breastfeed while using this medicine.
- Glucophage should not be given to a child younger than 10 years old.
- Do not crush, chew, or break this medication. Swallow the tablet whole.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication as it lowers blood sugar and may increase your risk of lactic acidosis.
Buy Glucophage at the best price in Nigeria on Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy in Lagos.