Diclofenac Injection is administered in the treatment of mild to moderate pain. It is used alone or given with other opioid pain medicines to treat conditions of moderate to severe pain.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for injection, and is to be administered intravenously. It is usually given by a health care professional in a hospital. Do not self-administer.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed. Patients over 65 years old may have a stronger reaction and need a smaller dose.
Diclofenac Injection Precautions
- Check your blood pressure before taking this injection, as it may increase your chances of getting a higher blood pressure.
- If you have asthma, talk with your doctor. You may be more sensitive to diclofenac injection.
- You may bleed more easily. Be careful and avoid injury. Use a soft toothbrush and an electric razor.
- If you are 65 or older, use diclofenac injection with care.
- NSAIDs like diclofenac injection may affect ovulation in women. Talk to your doctor if you are trying to get pregnant.
What do I need to tell my doctor before I take Diclofenac Injection?
Before taking Diclofenac Injection, tell your doctor if you fall into any of the categories below:
- Pregnant woman or if you are planning to get pregnant.
- If you have heart failure or a weak heart
- If you have any kidney or liver disease.
Diclofenac Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Diclofenac Injection may include:
- Reactions at the injection site such as hives, rash, swelling, itching or peeling skin
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Blurred Vision
Diclofenac Injection Warnings
- Do not take Diclofenac Injection if you are allergic to Aspirin or any other NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.
- Diclofenac injection should not be administered in children under 18 years of age.
- This medication may cause you to experience dizziness. In that event, do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Clofenac as it can cause drowsiness and stomach problems.
Diclofenac Injection Price
Diclofenac Injection is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.