DEPO-PROVERA 150mg/Ml Injec
What is Depo-Provera injection used for?
Depo-Provera injection is used as a contraceptive for preventing pregnancy. Depo-Provera injection helps to prevent the development and release of eggs from the ovaries during the menstrual cycle thus preventing pregnancy. Depo-Provera injection is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Depo-Provera injection Composition?
Depo-Provera Injection contains Medroxyprogesterone acetate (150mg)
How does Depo-Provera Injection work?
Depo-Provera Injection is a progestin: a female hormone which works by preventing an egg from developing fully and being released from the ovaries during the menstrual cycle. Depo-Provera Injection also alters the lining of your womb and thickens the mucus at the entrance of the womb thereby making it more difficult for the sperm to enter. Thus preventing pregnancy.
What are the uses of Depo-Provera injection?
Uses of Depo-Provera Injection include;
• The treatment of Abnormal uterine bleeding
• The treatment of Endometriosis
Depo-Provera Injection Dosage
The recommended dose is 150 mg Depo-Provera injection every 3 months to be administered by intramuscular injection in the gluteal or deltoid muscle.
The initial Depo-Provera injection should be given during the first 5 days after the onset of a normal menstrual period; within 5 days post-partum if not breastfeeding; or if exclusively breastfeeding it should be given at or after 6 weeks post-partum.
How to use Depo-Provera Injection
• Do not self-administer Depo-Provera injection. It should be administered by your doctor or nurse.
• To avoid the risk of getting pregnant you must take the injection once after every 12 weeks.
• Depo-Provera injection is given into the muscle of the buttock or upper arm.
What are the side effects of Depo-Provera Injection?
Common side effects of Depo-Provera Injection include; Weight gain, Breast tenderness, Headache, Abdominal pain, Weakness, Dizziness, Irregular menstrual cycle, and Nervousness.
How quickly does Depo-Provera work?
Depo-Provera injection starts to work immediately if given within the first 5 days of the beginning of your periods. If you receive the dose at another time of your menstrual cycle then it may take about 7 to 10 days to show effectiveness.
Is Depo-Provera injection safe to use during pregnancy?
Depo-Provera injection is highly unsafe during pregnancy as it has been found to cause significant harm to the developing foetus.
Can Depo-Provera injection be taken while Breastfeeding?
Depo-Provera Injection is found to be safe to use while breastfeeding.
Depo-Provera Injection Precautions.
• Depo-Provera injection can have a significant effect on your alertness, so do not drive or operate machinery while taking Depo-Provera injection.
• Depo-Provera injection should be used with caution in people with liver problems. Please consult your physician before taking.
• Depo-Provera injection should be taken with caution with alcohol.
• Depo-Provera is safe to use in patients with kidney diseases.
• Depo-Provera injection cannot be reversed once it has been given and its effects last for at least 12 weeks
• Fertility does return once the Depo-Provera injections are stopped, but the time varies for each woman.
What are the benefits of using Depo-Provera injection?
• Depo-Provera injection is almost 100% effective
• A single dose of Depo-Provera Injection works for at least 12 weeks and during that time, you do not need to take daily oral contraceptive pills.
• Depo-Provera does not interfere with sexual intercourse.
• it reduces the risk of endometrial cancer (cancer of the lining of the uterus) by 80%.
• It may be helpful in relieving painful periods.
Depo-Provera Injection Price
Depo-Provera Injection Price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.