Depixol 20mg/ml Solution for injection (1ml x 10 Ampoules)
What is Depixol Injection Used For?
Depixol injection belongs to a group of medicines known as antipsychotics and it is used for the treatment of Schizophrenia and other psychoses. The use of Depixol injection should be limited to patients who have been stabilized on oral therapy.. Depixol injection can be purchased at Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Depixol injection Composition?
Depixol injection ampoules contain 1 ml of 20 mg/ml flupentixol decanoate in thin vegetable oil.
How Does Depixol Injection Work?
Depixol Injection is an antipsychotic medication (also called neuroleptics).It acts on the nerve pathways in specific areas of the brain and helps to correct certain chemical imbalances in the brain that are causing the symptoms of your illness.
Depixol Injection Dosage
The typical Depixol injection dosage is 50 mg every 4 weeks to 300 mg every 2 weeks, but some patients may require up to 400 mg weekly. Depixol injection will be repeated once every one to four weeks depending on your doctor’s prescribed dose.
How is Depixol Injection Administered?
Depixol injection is given into the buttock or thigh muscle (depot), where it forms a reservoir of depixol that is slowly released into the bloodstream.
Who should not take Depixol Injection?
- It should not be given to children.
- It should not be administered to people with reduced awareness, slow reactions or extreme drowsiness, for example, due to drugs, medicines or illness that reduce activity in the central nervous system
- It should not be given to people with a serious problem with the blood circulatory system (circulatory collapse).
- People with hereditary blood disorders called porphyrias should not take Depixol injection.
- Depixol is not recommended for people who are easily agitated.
What are the Common Side Effects of Depixol Injection?
Common sides effects include;
- Dry mouth
- Feeling restless and unable to keep still
- Difficulty passing urine.
- Problems concentrating
How Long Does Depixol injection Take to Work?
It may take between four and six months before you feel the effects of Depixol injection.
Is Depixol injection suitable for use in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Mothers?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding consults your doctor before taking a Depixol injection.
Where Can I Buy Depixol injection?
Buy Depixol injection at the best price at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store