What is Colpermin Cap used for?
Colpermin Cap is a slow-releasing peppermint oil capsule that provides rapid relief from symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome(IBS). Colpermin Cap helps to relax the bowel muscle to reduce painful cramps and bloating in Adults and young adults 15 years old and above. Colpermin cap is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What are the symptoms of IBS?
Symptoms of IBS include;
• Abdominal spasms,
• Diarrhoea and
What is the Composition of Colpermin Cap?
Colpermin cap contains Peppermint oil BP
How does the Colpermin cap work?
Colpermin Caps are protectively coated so that they survive the stomach acidity and thereby can release the active ingredient peppermint oil directly into the lower bowel.
Benefits of Colpermin cap
• It helps in reducing trapped wind, bloating and discomfort in the stomach.
• It helps in relaxing muscles in the intestines
• It helps to regulate bowel movements at a normal frequency
Colpermin cap Dosage
Take one capsule three times daily.
How to use the Colpermin cap
• Take one Colpermin cap three times daily with enough water.
• The Colpermin cap should not be chewed or broken but should be swallowed whole.
• Avoid taking Colpermin cap immediately after a meal
• If the pain and discomfort in the stomach are more severe, increase the dose to two caps three times daily
• Ensure you read and follow all instructions in the medicine insert.
What are the side effects of Colpermin Cap?
Although Colpermin cap is generally tolerated very well occasionally some unwanted reactions may occur. This includes;
• Anal irritation
Peppermint oil Precautions
• Do not chew or break the Colpermin cap before swallowing because the peppermint oil might irritate the gullet and mouth.
• Do not use if you are allergic to menthol or peppermint oil as these might lead to rare cases where slow pulse rate, a rash, clumsiness, headache, or tremors might occur especially when used with alcohol
• Discontinue the use of the Colpermin cap if you already suffer from heartburn as it makes the symptom worsen after taking the Colpermin cap
• Avoid taking Colpermin caps if you have a known allergy to peanuts. The colpermin cap contains Arachis oil (peanut oil).
• Do not take Colpermin caps if you are allergic to soya, as there is a possible relationship between allergy to soya and allergy to peanuts.
• Consult your doctor before using Colpermin cap if you are aged above 40 years and some time has elapsed since the last attack.
Is the Colpermin cap safe to use in Pregnancy?
Consult your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant or you are pregnant before taking the Colpermin cap
How quickly does the Colpermin cap work?
Colpermin cap starts to work with a few hours of dosing but it takes between 1 to 2 weeks to get the full effect.
Is Colpermin Cap suitable for Children?
Colpermin cap is not recommended for use in children under 15 years.
Where to buy Colpermin Cap
Buy a Colpermin cap at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.