CLOFENAC 50 mg
What is Clofenac 50 tablet used for?
Clofenac 50mg Tablet is a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID). It is used to relieve pain, swelling, stiffness, and joint pain in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and acute musculoskeletal injuries. It is commonly used in back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, sprains, and spasms.
What is Aceclofenac used for?
Aceclofenac is used for pain relief. It is administered to relieve the accompanying pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
Is Clofenac harmful to the kidney?
Increased uses and high doses of Aceclofenac may be harmful to the kidney and cause renal problems. This is especially in patients who have kidney problems, patients who have had or have heart failure, and hypertensive patients..
Is Clofenac a safe drug?
When administered and used correctly, Clofenac is a generally safe and effective medication.
How does Clofenac work?
Clofenac works by inhibiting the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation in the body.
Is Clofenac an Effective Painkiller?
Clofenac can be very effective as a painkiller if used in the dose and and for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. For best results, continue taking Aceclofenac as prescribed, even if you observe improvements in your condition.
What are the side effects of Clofenac?
Some of the common side effects of Clofenac include:
- Stomach Pain
- Loss of appetite
How to use Clofenac
Use Aceclofenac as your doctor or pharmacist has prescribed. Clofenac should be taken between or after meals, and accompanied with lots of water. Do not crush or chew the tablets. Also, do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Before using Clofenac, tell your doctor if you have any kidney or liver disease.
- Do not use Clofenac if you have an allergy to Aspirin or any other NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.
- Clofenac is not recommended for use in children under 18 years of age.
- This medication may cause you to experience dizziness. In that event, do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Clofenac as it can cause drowsiness and stomach problems.
Clofenac is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy in Lagos.