Canesten thrush soft gel pessary use and dosage.
What is canesten thrush soft gel pessary?
Canesten thrush soft gel pessary is an easy to insert pessary in soft gel form, containing 500mg of clotrimazole.
It helps serve as a rapid relief and treatment of internal symptoms of vaginal thrush but is not effective in treating external symptoms such as inflammation, itching of the vulva. To treat external symptoms, the application of clotrimazole-containing creams are best suited.
How do I use Canesten thrush soft gel pessary?
For best results, the pessary should be used in the evening or very close to your bedtime.
To insert Canesten 1 day pessary, do the following:
- Pull out the plunger until it stops
- Move the pessary from the blister
- Squeeze the cup end of the applicator between the thumb and index finger until it is flat
- Place the pessary into the flattened cup end of the applicator.
- Carefully insert the applicator containing the pessary gently and deeply into the vagina as possible while lying on your back with your knees bent
- Slowly push the plunger until it stops. This places the pessary into the vagina.
- Remove the applicator and discard.