Canesten Combi Pessary
Canesten Combi Pessary is a product that comes as a combination medication of a 500mg pessary and 2% clotrimazole cream. This combination therapy helps tackle thrush infection in the vagina while also relieving external symptoms such as itching, swelling, rash, and burning sensations.
How to use Canesten Combi Pessary
- Pull out the plunger until it stops
- Move the pessary from the blister
- Squeeze the cup end of the applicator between the thumb and index finger until it is flat
- Place the pessary into the flattened cup end of the applicator.
- Carefully insert the applicator containing the pessary gently and deeply into the vagina as possible while lying on your back with your knees bent
- Slowly push the plunger until it stops. This places the pessary into the vagina.
- Apply the cream evenly to the area around the vulva and the entrance of the vagina and rub in gently.
What cautions should I take while using Canesten combi pessary?
- Generally, clotrimazole in Canesten combi pessary. Tablets is known to interact negatively with latex contraceptives such as condoms. Thus, other means of contraceptive should be explored while using Canesten combi pessary and for at least six days after application at the advice of your doctor.
- If you intend to use Canesten combi pessary during pregnancy, consult your doctor before applying this medication.
- Clotrimazole may also reduce the efficacy of spermicidal creams.
Use the medication for the prescribed length of time even if it seems that the infection has disappeared