Canesten 6 day therapy
Canesten 6 day therapy is a clotrimazole-based thrush treatment that comes in 100mg strength pessaries. . It is used to treat fungal infections in the vagina that may cause burning, itching, or discharge in the vagina.
How do I use Canesten 6 day therapy?
- Canesten 6 day therapy is best applied at night. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying this medication.
- To use this medication, rinse and dry your vaginal area, then lie on your back and insert the tablet gently and deeply into the vagina using the applicator as directed in the information leaflet.
To insert Canesten 6 day therapy, do the following:
- Pull out the plunger until it stops
- Move the pessary from the blister
- Squeeze the cup end of the applicator between the thumb and index finger until it is flat
- Place the pessary into the flattened cup end of the applicator.
- Carefully insert the applicator containing the pessary gently and deeply into the vagina as possible while lying on your back with your knees bent
- Slowly push the plunger until it stops. This places the pessary into the vagina.
What are the Side effects of Canesten 6 day therapy?
Common side effects of Canesten 6 day therapy include:
- Vaginal burning sensation
- Skin peeling
- Application site irritation.
What cautions should I take while using Canesten 6 day therapy?
- Generally, clotrimazole in Canesten 6 day therapy. Tablets is known to interact negatively with latex contraceptives such as condoms. Thus, other means of contraceptive should be explored while using Canesten 6 day therapy and for at least six days after application at the advice of your doctor.
- If you intend to use Canesten 6 day therapy during pregnancy, consult your doctor before applying this medication.
- Clotrimazole may also reduce the efficacy of spermicidal creams.
- Use the medication for the prescribed length of time even if it seems that the infection has disappeared.
Can I urinate when using a pessary?
Yes, you can urinate while using a pessary. This is because the pessary goes into your vagina and not your urethra. However, take care to use pessaries after your period or well before the start of your next cycle as blood flow from your period can wash out the pessary.
What is the dosage of Canesten 6 day therapy?
Canesten 6 day therapy contains 100mg pessaries are to be used one tablet a day inserted vaginally, for 6 days. Do not use this medication for more than 7 days or longer than prescribed by your doctor.