Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets
Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets is a clotrimazole-based thrush treatment. Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets contain a single dose of 500mg of clotrimazole that is delivered by insertion of the tablet directly into the vagina, and this medication is suitable for women with busy schedules whom a short treatment course would go a long way for.
How do I use Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets?
For best results, the pessary should be used in the evening or very close to your bedtime.
To insert Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets, do the following:
- Pull out the plunger until it stops
- Move the pessary from the blister
- Squeeze the cup end of the applicator between the thumb and index finger until it is flat
- Place the pessary into the flattened cup end of the applicator.
- Carefully insert the applicator containing the pessary gently and deeply into the vagina as possible while lying on your back with your knees bent
- Slowly push the plunger until it stops. This places the pessary into the vagina.
Remove the applicator and discard.
What is the difference between a vaginal tablet and a pessary?
A vaginal tablet and pessary are the same. It is inserted into the vagina to treat whatever infections in the vagina it has been formulated for.
What are the Side effects of Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets?
Common side effects of Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets include:
- Vaginal burning sensation
- Skin peeling
- Application site irritation.
Most of the side effects of Canesten 500mg vaginal tablets do not require urgent medical attention and generally disappear as your body adjusts. However, should any of these effects worsen or you show any allergic reactions to this medication, seek medical help immediately.