Canesten 200mg pessary
Canesten 200 mg pessary contains 3 doses of 200mg of clotrimazole that is delivered by insertion of the tablet directly into the vagina.
How do I use Canesten 200mg pessary?
For best results, the pessary should be used in the evening or very close to your bedtime.
To insert Canesten 200mg pessary, do the following:
- Pull out the plunger until it stops
- Move the pessary from the blister
- Squeeze the cup end of the applicator between the thumb and index finger until it is flat
- Place the pessary into the flattened cup end of the applicator.
- Carefully insert the applicator containing the pessary gently and deeply into the vagina as possible while lying on your back with your knees bent
- Slowly push the plunger until it stops. This places the pessary into the vagina.
How can I prevent thrush?
- Change your tampons and menstrual pads regularly
- Avoid hot bubble baths, limit consumption of high sugar foods
- Avoid perfumed products around the vagina
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet
- Water cotton underwear and change regularly.
What are the Side effects of Canesten 200mg pessary?
Common side effects of Canesten 200 mg pessary include:
- Vaginal burning sensation
- Skin peeling
- Application site irritation.
Most of the side effects of Canesten 200mg pessary do not require urgent medical attention and generally disappear as your body adjusts. However, should any of these effects worsen or you show any allergic reactions to this medication, seek medical help immediately.