Canesten 100mg Tablet
Canesten 100 MG Tablet is an antifungal medication that is used to treat vaginal fungal infections.
Canesten is a medication used to treat vaginal thrush. It is inserted into the vaginal canal for infection control. Using this medication only if your doctor has already diagnosed you with vaginal thrush. Clotrimazole is the active ingredient in Canesten. Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent that battles the cause of infections like vaginal thrush. It belongs to the group of medicines called azole.
What is Canesten Tablet used for?
It is used in the treatment of vagina infections caused by fungi, candida.
Canesten Tablet Uses
If your doctor has prescribed Canesten for you, obey any guidelines he or she has given you. If you bought this product without a prescription, carefully follow these instructions:
- The applicator should be used to insert the tablet as high as possible into the vagina, preferably before going to sleep on six consecutive nights for convenient and comfortable treatment. Alternatively, two tablets may be inserted into the vagina before going to sleep on three consecutive nights. Wash your hands before removing the foil from the blister pack and again afterwards when you have used the applicator.
- Remove the applicator from the packaging. Pull out the plunger A until it stops. Remove the tablet from the foil blister pack and place firmly into the applicator B.
- To fit the tablet into the applicator, the holder of the applicator needs to be squeezed lightly at both sides. The tablet fits tightly into the applicator and needs to be squeezed into the holder to about 1cm.
- Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Holding the applicator in place, slowly press the plunger until it stops so that the tablet is deposited into the vagina.
- Remove the applicator. After use, remove plunger A completely by pulling it out of the applicator B. Then wash it in warm (not boiling) soapy water, rinse and dry carefully. 5. After completing the treatment, dispose of the applicator in a safe place, out of the reach of children. The applicator cannot be flushed down the toilet. Since the tablet dissolves in the vagina, it may be helpful to wear a panty liner because it is quite common to notice a white chalky residue after using the tablet. This does not mean that the treatment has not worked.
However, if you notice pieces of undissolved tablet, speak to your doctor or a pharmacist, as the treatment may not have worked properly. The symptoms of thrush should disappear within three days of treatment. If no improvement is seen after seven days you must tell your doctor.
If the infection returns after seven days you may use one further treatment, but if you have more than two infections within six months you should see your doctor.
Canesten is for use in the vagina only: Do not put the tablet in your mouth or swallow it. If the tablet is swallowed accidentally, tell your doctor straight away.
Canesten Tablet use in Pregnancy
Canesten seems to have no negative effects on the mother or infant when given during pregnancy, according to both experimental and clinical studies.
The birth canal should be kept clean, particularly during the last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy.
Canesten Vaginal Tablet should be inserted without the use of an applicator during pregnancy.
Administration during the first trimester of pregnancy should be done only when absolutely necessary.
Canesten Tablet Side Effects
Canesten, like all drugs, can cause side effects, but not everyone experiences them. Some people may be allergic to the tablet. If you are allergic to the drug, you will have a reaction shortly after taking it. Stop using this product immediately if you have an allergic reaction or if the redness, burning, discomfort, scratching, or swelling worsens, and inform your doctor or go to the nearest hospital.
Signs of an allergic reaction may include: rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue, weakness, feeling dizzy, nausea.
After you use the tablet you might also experience; Itching,redness, discomfort, burning, irritation, vaginal peeling or bleeding. Pain in the abdomen or pelvic area is also possible. Burning sensation in the vagina, itching or irritation in the vagina, vaginal dryness, and foul smelling vaginal discharge are some rare side effects too.
This is not a comprehensive list of Canesten side effects. If you are experiencing other forms of side effects outside the listed ones here, consult a physician immediately.
Canesten Tablet Price in Nigeria
The price of Canesten tablet is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online pharmacy where it can be purchased.
Follow your doctor’s recommendations.
Direction For Use
Canesten should be taken for six nights consecutively if only one tablet is taken, or three nights if two tablets are taken. If you forget to insert a tablet, however, follow the instructions below: Continue with your course of treatment when you remember. If you forget for more than a day, the infection may not be completely treated, so see your doctor if symptoms continue after completing this course.
Content on Drugstore.ng should not be taken as prescription or medical advice. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using any medication.