Canesten 1 day pessary
Canesten 1 day pessary is a clotrimazole-based thrush treatment. Canesten 1 day pessary contains a single dose of 500mg of clotrimazole that is delivered by insertion of the tablet directly into the vagina.
This medication is especially suitable for women with busy schedules who prefer a short treatment course.
What are the symptoms of thrush?
Symptoms of thrush include:
- Unusual discharge
- Burning sensation
Vaginal thrush is not a sexually transmitted infection and is not caused by hygiene. Thrush does not usually change vaginal pH or cause odor.
How do I use Canesten 1 day pessary?
For best results, the pessary should be used in the evening or very close to your bedtime.
To insert Canesten 1 day pessary, do the following:
- Pull out the plunger until it stops
- Move the pessary from the blister
- Squeeze the cup end of the applicator between the thumb and index finger until it is flat
- Place the pessary into the flattened cup end of the applicator.
- Carefully insert the applicator containing the pessary gently and deeply into the vagina as possible while lying on your back with your knees bent
- Slowly push the plunger until it stops. This places the pessary into the vagina.
- Remove the applicator and discard.
What causes thrush?
Thrush is caused by candida albicans (a naturally occurring microbe in the vagina) could be caused if the body’s immune system is weakened and lets the population of this microbe to increase out of control. You’re at a higher risk if you’re pregnant (3rd trimester), menstruating, using some medications, or diabetic.
How can I prevent thrush?
- Change your tampons and menstrual pads regularly
- Avoid hot bubble baths, limit consumption of high sugar foods
- Avoid perfumed products around the vagina
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet
- Water cotton underwear and change regularly.