Calcicard CR 120mg
What does calcicard CR 120mg?
Calcicard CR 120mg contains Diltiazem hydrochloride as its active ingredient. It is a white, film-coated, round, bi-convex slow-release tablet for oral use.
What is calcicard CR 120 mg is used for?
Calcicard CR 120 mg is used in the treatment of mild or moderate hypertension and also angina (chest pain caused by high blood pressure)
What is the recommended dosage of Calcicard CR 120mg?
Calcicard CR tablets are not to be chewed or crushed and should only be divided if there is a score line present on the tablet. The Usual starting dosage of Calcicard CR is 90mg or 120mg twice daily, with a maximum daily dosage of 480mg/day.
When should I not use Calcicard CR 120 mg?
You should not use Calcicard CR if you:
- Are hypersensitive to the active ingredients or excipients of Calcicard CR
- Have sick sinus syndrome (except if you also have a functioning pacemaker)
- Have severe bradycardia (less than 40 bpm)\
- Have left ventricular failure with pulmonary congestion
- Have 2nd/3rd degree AV block except a functioning ventricular pacemaker is also present.
- Complicated myocardial infarction
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are using dantrolene infusion
- Are using ivabradine
- Are using alpha-antagonists
- Are using beta-blockers
- Are using amiodaronedigoxin
- Are using antiarrhythmic agents, nitrate derivatives, cyclosporine, carbamazepine, theophylline, cimetidine, ranitidine, rifampin, or lithium.
What are the side effects of Calcicard CR 120 mg?
Side effects of Calcicard CR include:
- 1st/2nd/3rd-degree atrioventricular block
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Gastric pain
Where can I get Calcicard CR 120 mg?