B/LIFE PSYLLIUM HUSK 200g
What is Psyllium Husk?
The Psyllium husk is used as a mild laxative. They are made from the seeds of the Plantago ovata, a shrub-like herb that are rich sources of fibre and is beneficial to people suffering from Constipation. Psyllium husk is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Psyllium Husk work?
Psyllium husk is a bulk-forming laxative that is used for the treatment of constipation. It works by absorbing liquid in the intestines, it swells, and forms a bulky stool, which is easy to pass through the rectum.
What is Psyllium Husk Composition?
Psyllium husk is available commercially as particles or in powder form. Psyllium gum is composed mainly of;
• Arabinose (22%),
• Xylose (57%) and
• Uronic acids (10–15%)
• Glucose and
• Arabinoxylan (1500 kDa).
Psyllium Husk Dosage
The recommended dose of Psyllium husk to treat constipation is 1 teaspoon (5g) three times per day or taken as prescribed by a physician.
How to use Psyllium Husks
• Read the instructions on the medication leaflet before using Psyllium husk.
• For an adult, a dose of Psyllium husk is taken once, twice or three times a day or based on the physician’s prescription
• Psyllium husk powder or granules should be mixed into a full glass (8 ounces) of water or fruit juice before swallowing.
• Psyllium husk capsules should be swallowed whole with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
• Take Psyllium husk just after a meal to get the best results.
What are the benefits of Psyllium Husk?
• It serves as a ketogenic diet for weight loss
• It is high in fibre hence it helps to relieve constipation
• It removes toxins and excess fat
• It may help to treat diarrhoea.
• Psyllium husk help to lower blood sugar levels in the body
• It helps to lower cholesterol levels in the body
• Psyllium husk seems to be good for the heart.
• Psyllium husk has prebiotic effects.
What are the side effects of Psyllium Husk?
Common side effects of an overdose on Psyllium husk include;
• Abdominal pain.
Who should not take Psyllium Husk?
• Pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult a doctor before using Psyllium Husk
• Psyllium Husk should not be administered to a child younger than 6 years old without medical advice
Where to buy Psyllium Husk in Nigeria?
Buy B/Life Psyllium husk in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.