What is Azulix 2MF used for?
Azulix 2mg is an antidiabetic medication used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults who cannot control their blood sugar levels through diet and exercise alone. Azulix 2MF helps to prevent the serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage and blindness. Azulix 2MF is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
Azulix 2MF Composition
Each tablet of Azulix 2MF contains Glimepiride (2MF).
How does Azulix 2MF work?
Azulix 2MF is an anti-diabetic medication and belongs to a group of medicines called sulfonylureas. Azulix 2MF works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas so as to lower blood glucose.
Azulix 2MF Dosage
Take Azulix 2MF once daily or take it as directed by your physician.
How to take Azulix 2MF
• Azulix 2MF is to be taken in the dose and duration suggested by your physician.
• Azulix 2MF should be taken whole with water shortly before or during your first meal for the day.
• Azulix 2MF should be taken regularly at the same time each day to get the maximum benefit.
• Ensure you exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and also take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside.
What are the side effects of taking Azulix 2MF?
Common side effects of taking Azulix 2MF include;
• Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia),
• Headache, and
Who should not take Azulix 2MF?
• Azulix 2MF should not be used by patients who are allergic to it and any of its ingredients
• It should not be used by patients who have severe kidney or liver disease.
• Patients with G6PD-deficiency which is an inherited condition affecting red blood cells or are due to have surgery should not use Azulix 2MF.
• Also patients who are trying to get pregnant or are already pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid the use of Azulix 2MF
• Patients who have insulin-dependent diabetes (type 1 diabetes mellitus) should also avoid taking Azulix 2MF.
How long does it take for Azulix to lower blood sugar?
Azulix 2MF takes about 2 to 3 hours after dosing to reduce blood sugar levels.
What is the effect of taking an overdose of Azulix 2MF?
An overdose of Azulix 2MF tablet may lead to hypoglycemia which is a significant decrease in blood sugar levels.
Azulix 2MF Price
Azulix 2MF price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.