AZILECT 1MG TEVA
What is Azilect?
Azilect is a prescription medication used to treat Parkinson’s disease. Azilect is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinson’s Disease is a disorder of the central nervous system that affects the movement of the body and it often includes tremors.
What are the Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease?
Common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include;
• Tremor in one hand.
• Slow movement
• Stiffness and
• Loss of balance.
What is the Composition of Azilect?
Each Azilect 1mg tablet contains 1 mg of Rasagiline.
How does Azilect Work?
Azilect contains Rasagiline as its active ingredient which belongs to the family of medications known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). Rasagiline acts on the nervous system by increasing the levels of a chemical called dopamine. Low dopamine levels in the brain cause many of the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. The Azilect medication works by rebalancing the levels of dopamine in the brain. Azilect may be taken alone or in combination with levodopa or a dopamine agonist (i.e., ropinirole, pramipexole) in the treatment of the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Take Azilect 1mg tablet once daily or as prescribed by the physician.
How to use Azilect
• Take Azilect exactly as prescribed by your physician.
• Azilect dose is based on a patient’s needs which include; body weight, medical conditions, and other medications being used.
• Azilect may be taken with or without food.
• Consult your doctor If you feel you need to stop taking this medication.
• Do not overdose on Azilect, If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular Azilect dosing schedule.
• Store Azilect at room temperature and keep it out of the reach of children.
What are the side effects of taking Azilect?
Some common side effects of the Azilect include;
• Abdominal pain
• Accidental injury
• Decreased interest or ability in sexual activity
• Difficulty moving or controlling movements
• Dry mouth
Who should not use Azilect?
• Those that are allergic to Rasagiline or to any of the ingredients of Azilect
• Those who are taking any of the following medications: Antidepressants, Cyclobenzaprine, Meperidine, Methadone, Propoxyphene, tapentadol, and tramadol.
• Those who have moderate-to-severe liver disease.
How long does it take for Azilect to work?
Azilect will start to work about 1 week after dosing but it will take about the to the weeks before its full effect can be seen.
Azilect’s price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online largest pharmacy store.