What is the Avrotrim tab used for?
is a combination antibiotic used in treating a wide variety of bacterial infections which includes; Middle ear, Urine, Respiratory, and Intestinal infections. Avrotrim tab is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Avrotrim tab Composition?
Avrotrim tab is a combination of two antibiotics which are ;
• Sulfamethoxazole and
What are the uses of Avrotrim Tab?
• Avrotrim tab is used for preventing and treatment of a certain type of pneumonia known as pneumocystis-type.
• Avrotrim Tab is used for the treatment of certain infections such as urinary tract infections, Middle ear infections also known as acute otitis media in children.
• It is also used in the treatment of Intestinal infection known as shigellosis.
• Avrotrim tab is used for the treatment of lung infection in people with a weakened immune system known as pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
• It is also used for the treatment of infection of the digestive tract known as traveller’s diarrhoea in adults.
• It is also used for the treatment of worsening conditions of the inflamed lining of bronchial tubes in the lungs
• Avrotrim is also used for the prevention & treatment of infection caused by a parasite known as Toxoplasmosis and lung infection caused by the fungus known as Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonitis.
How does the Avrotrim tab work?
Avrotrim tab belongs to a class of medicines known as Sulfonamide Antimicrobial. Sulfonamide Antimicrobial works by blocking the formation of tetrahydrofolic acid which is essential for the growth of bacteria in the body.
Avrotrim tab Dosage
Adults Dose: Take Avrotrim is 800 mg of sulfamethoxazole and 160 mg trimethoprim once a day or
Take 400 mg of sulfamethoxazole and 80 mg of trimethoprim every 12 hours for 10-14 days
Children’s Dose: Take 40 mg/kg sulfamethoxazole and 8 mg/kg trimethoprim per 24 hours given in two divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days
How to use Avrotrim Tab
• Follow the directions written on the product label or follow the instructions provided by your doctor before using the Avrotrim tab.
• Avrotrim tab should be used with food this is to reduce the risk of stomach and intestinal (gastrointestinal) disturbances.
• Avrotrim tab should be taken as a whole by mouth with a full glass of water.
• If stomach upset occurs while taking the Avrotrim tab, take it with food or milk.
• Drink plenty of fluids while taking Avrotrim to lower the unlikely risk of kidney stones forming.
How long does it take for the Avrotrim tab to work?
Avrotrim (sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim) is absorbed by the body and begins to kill bacteria within 1 to 4 hours after the first dose.
What are the Side Effects of the Avrotrim tab?
Common side effects of Avrotrim tab include; Anorexia, Diarrhea, Fungal overgrowth, Headaches, High potassium levels in the blood, Hives, Nausea, Rash, and Vomiting.
What are Avrotrim tab Precautions?
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to sulfa medications or trimethoprim; or if you have any other allergies to any of Avrotrim’s ingredient
• inform your physician of your medical history, especially of: kidney disease, liver disease, and certain blood disorders.
Avrotrim tab Price
Avrotrim tab price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.