What is Avocomb?
Avocomb is a prescription medication that contains Lamivudine and Zidovudine combination used in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Avocomb is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus)?
Human immunodeficiency virus is the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). The human immunodeficiency virus causes the immune system of the body to break down so that it can no longer respond effectively to infections which then leads to acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
What is Avocomb Tablet Used for?
• For the treatment of HIV infection.
How does Avocomb Tablet work?
Avocomb Tablet works by increasing the number of infection-fighting cells in the body and it prevents the Hiv from reproducing by stopping the reverse transcriptase from working. This helps to control HIV-1 infection and slows down the destruction of the immune system.
Avocomb Tablet Composition
Each tablet contains
• Lamivudine 150 mg and
• Zidovudine 300 mg.
Avocomb Tablet Dosage
For Adults and Adolescents aged 12years and above: Take 1 tablet of Avocomb twice daily or as prescribed by your physician.
How to use Avocomb
• Take the Avocomb tablet as directed by your doctor or check the label attached to the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
• Avocomb tablet should be taken by mouth with or without food.
• Continue to take Avocomb tablet even if you feel better. Do not miss any doses.
• If you take the Avocomb tablet at the same time each day, it will help you remember to take it.
• If you have missed a dose of Avocomb tablet, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 2 hours of your next dose then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
• Do not take 2 doses of Avocomb tablet at once.
What are the Side Effects of Avocomb Tablet?
Common side effects of Avocomb include:
• Tiredness or general ill feeling
• Cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sinus pain, cough;
• Changes in the shape or location of body fat especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and trunk.
Can Avocomb be used in Children?
Avocomb is not recommended for use in Children less than 12years of age.
Is Avocomb Tablet safe to use in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding?
Consult with your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Avocomb Tablet.
Avocomb Tablet Price
Avocomb Tablet Price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.