AVOCARD 25mg x 20
What is Avocard 25mg used for?
Avocard 25mg is a prescription medicine that is used to lower blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart diseases. Avocard 25mg is also used as an adjuvant to diet in people with high cholesterol and abnormal levels of cholesterol. Avocard 25mg is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Avocard 25mg Composition?
Avocard 25mg contains Atorvastatin as its active ingredient.
How does Avocard 25mg work?
Avocard 25mg Tablet acts by inhibiting the action of an enzyme known as HMG-CoA reductase. HMG-CoA enzyme is essential for cholesterol formation. Thus Avocard 25mg Tablet lowers the cholesterol levels in the blood. Avocard 25mg Tablet also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Avocard 25mg Dosage
Take avocard 25mg as prescribed by your physician or follow the instructions on the medication label.
How to use Avocard 25mg
• Take Avocard 25mg medication as advised by the doctor or pharmacist in the prescribed doses.
• Take Avocard 25mg as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
• Take Avocard 25mg at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits.
• Avoid consuming a high fat, fried or junk meals whilst taking Avocard 25mg.
• Also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle so as to gain optimum benefit along with Avocard 25mg.
How long does Avocard 25mg take to work?
Major changes in your cholesterol levels should be seen within two to four weeks after starting treatment with Avocard.
What are the Side Effects of Avocard 25mg?
Side effects of Avocard 25mg include; abnormal liver function test, alanine aminotransferase increase, allergic reactions, common cold (nasopharyngitis), constipation, diarrhoea, gas formation, headache, high blood sugar level, increased blood creatine kinase levels, indigestion, insomnia.
Avocard 25mg Contraindication
• Do not take Avocard 25mg if you are allergic to atorvastatin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
• Do not take if you have liver disease and your liver tests are abnormal.
• Do not take if you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir.
• Consult your physician If you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Avocard 25mg.
Avocard 25mg Price
Avocard 25mg price is listed in Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.