AVOCA CAUSTIC PENCIL 40%
What is Avoca Caustic Pencil?
Avoca Caustic Pencil is a Silver nitrate applicator applied topically usually in an aqueous solution. It is used as a haemostatic, for the relief of pain in certain conditions and the removal of small quantities of unwanted tissues from the body. Avoca Caustic Pencil is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Avoca Caustic Pencil Composition?
Avoca Caustic Pencil contains Silver Nitrate.
How does Avoca Caustic Pencil work?
Avoca Caustic Pencil contains Silver nitrate which has a well-established antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, silver nitrate once dissolved in either body fluid or clean tap water is absorbed by the epidermal tissue of the skin to a very shallow depth where it then alters the pH of the environment of protein molecules causing them to die.
What is Avoca Caustic Pencil Used For?
Avoca Caustic Pencil uses includes ;
• The removal of warts including verrucas and excess tissue,
• Relieving pain in some conditions such as tissue that forms during the healing process of wounds.
• It is used for stoma maintenance,
• It is used for the removal of umbilical stumps
• For the removal of skin tags.
• It is used for the treatment of cautery, anterior epistaxis, vasomotor rhinitis, post-bioptic cervical nicks,
• It is used for pain relief for aphthous stomatitis.
Avoca Caustic Pencil Dosage
For Skin Wart treatment: Apply Avoca Caustic pencil once daily for 3 days.
For Verruca treatment: Apply Avoca Caustic pencil once daily for 6 days.
Also, follow the instructions written on the medicine label or follow your physician’s prescription on how best to apply Avoca Caustic pencil to suit your own condition.
How to Apply Avoca Caustic pencil
Before you start to apply Avoca Caustic pencil, you need;
• Clean water(a small amount) such as tap water. Do not use water containing salt or chlorides solution
• A clean and non-absorbent surface is needed. An upturned drinking glass or steel cup can be used
• A tissue paper, Petroleum jelly and newspaper is also needed.
• A firm surface is needed to work on such as a table.
Applying Avoca Caustic pencil
• Spread the newspaper over the firm surface (table). Do not use Avoca Caustic pencil over bathroom or kitchen fittings or carpets because most surfaces touched by silver nitrate will be stained black or grey when dissolved in water. The newspaper is used to protect the table from drops of water containing silver nitrate
• A single drop of clean water should be placed on a non-absorbent surface such as an upturned drinking glass or steel cup
• The tip of the Avoca Caustic pencil should be dipped in the drop of water and gently moved in the water for a minute. The Avoca ‘Caustic pencil tip is now coated in water containing silver nitrate
• Apply the Avoca Caustic pencil tip to the affected region and do not allow the water or tip of the Avoca Caustic pencil to touch healthy skin or tissue
• Also protect the healthy skin around the affected area to be treated with a thin layer of petroleum jelly
Avoca Caustic Pencil Precautions
• Do not use Avoca Caustic pencil near your eyes
• Do not use Avoca Caustic pencil on genital warts
• Do not use Avoca Caustic pencil on sensitive areas of your body
• Avoca is caustic which means it can burn and it can cause staining. Hence do not use Avoca over bathroom or kitchen fittings or carpets.
• If you use more Avoca caustic pencil than you should or you accidentally swallow it please consult your doctor immediately.
Is Avoca Caustic pencil safe to use in pregnancy?
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are pregnant before using the Avoca Caustic pencil.
Avoca Caustic Pencil price
Avoca Caustic Pencil price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.