Avlocardyl is a prescription medication that is used alone or together with other medicines to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). Avlocardyl is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Avlocardyl composition?
Avlocardyl contains Propranolol hydrochloride as the active ingredient.
How does Avlocardyl work?
Avlocardyl is a beta-blocker that works by affecting the response to nerve impulses in certain parts of the body such as the heart. As a result, the heart beats slower and the blood pressure is decreased. The amount of blood and oxygen is increased to the heart when the blood pressure is lowered.
What are the uses of Avlocardyl?
• Avlocardyl is used to treat severe chest pain also known as angina.
• It is used to manage migraine headaches, or hypertrophic subaortic stenosis (thickened heart muscle).
• Avlocardyl may also be used to treat irregular heartbeats, tremors, or pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumour).
• It may also be used to reduce the risk of death in patients who have heart attacks.
• Avlocardyl is also indicated in the management of hypertension
• It is also indicated as an adjunct to the alpha-adrenergic blockade to control blood pressure and reduce symptoms of catecholamine-secreting tumours.
Avlocardyl should be taken as prescribed by your physician based on your medical condition.
How to use Avlocardyl?
• Follow your physician’s prescription on how to use the Avlocardyl tablet
• Swallow Avlocardyl as a whole with or without food.
• Do not take more than prescribed.
What are the side effects of Avlocardyl?
Common side effects of Avlocardyl include;
• Stomach cramp
• Sleep problems (insomnia)
• Decreased sex drive
How long does Avlocardyl take to work?
For the treatment of high blood pressure, it takes about 1 to 2 weeks for improvement to be seen.
Is Avlocardyl safe for Pregnant and Lactating Mothers.
Consult your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Avlocardyl.
Avlocardyl’s price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.