What is Aveflox Tablet used for?
Aveflox Tablet is a prescription antibiotics medication that is used in the treatment of;
• Severe cases of bronchitis
• Bacterial infections in the body, such as, on the skin, prostate, urinary tract, bladder and kidneys,
• Certain potentially fatal infectious diseases which include anthrax.
Aveflox Tablet Composition
Aveflox contains Levofloxacin as the active ingredient.
Aveflox Tablet is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Aveflox Tablet work?
Aveflox belongs to the class of medicine called Fluoroquinolone Antibacterial. Fluoroquinolones are medicines used for the treatment and prevention of certain types of bacterial infection that affects both the respiratory and urinary tract. This medication will not work against viral infections like the common cold and flu.
Aveflox Tablet Dosage
Aveflox Tablet comes in various strengths; 250mg, 500mg and 750mg respectively.
Take Aveflox as prescribed by your pharmacist or follow the instructions written on the product leaflet as suits your health condition.
How to use Aveflox Tablet
• Follow the directions on the product label or use Aveflox Tablet as prescribed by your pharmacist.
• Aveflox tablet can be used with or without food.
• Take plenty of fluids while taking this Aveflox tablet to avoid crystal formation in your urine and the formation of highly concentrated urine.
• Before administering the Aveflox tablet to your child, Use the child’s weight or age to find the right dose from the product leaflet.
What are the Side Effects of taking Aveflox Tablet?
Common side effects in adults include;
• An increased risk of tendon disorders
• inflammation of the tissue connecting bone to the muscle (tendinitis)
• inflammation of the liver (hepatitis)
• Heart rhythm disorders,
• Low level of potassium in the blood.
Common side effects in children include;
• Increased risk of pain in the joints or arthralgia.
• Tendon disorders and
• Walking abnormality.
Is Aveflox tablet safe in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding?
Aveflox Tablet is not safe for use in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding. Consult your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Aveflox Tablet.
For how long can Aveflox Tablet be used?
Aveflox Tablet is commonly used for a period of 7-14 days for pneumonia, 7 days for bronchitis, 28 days for swelling of the prostate, and 10 days for kidney infections respectively.
Aveflox Tablet Price.
Aveflox tablet price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online largest pharmacy.