AUGMENTIN 20ML INFANT DROPS
What is Augmentin infant Drops?
Augmentin infant drops are prescription medications used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections at the upper respiratory tract infections (including ENT) such as; tonsillitis, sinusitis, and otitis media. Augmentin infant drops is available at Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
Augmentin Infant Drops composition.
Augmentin infant drops contain;
• 50 mg amoxicillin (as amoxicillin trihydrate) and
• 12.5mg clavulanic acid (as potassium clavulanate) per 1 ml. Dry powder for reconstitution in water at the time of dispensing it to form an oral sugar-free suspension.
How Does Augmentin Infant Drops work?
Augmentin Infant Drops belong to a class of medicines called Penicillin-class Antibacterial. Penicillin belongs to a group of antibiotics used to treat and prevent different types of bacterial infections in the body it works by killing the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
What are the uses of Augmentin Infant Drops?
• It is used to treat urinary tract infections which include inflammation of the kidney (pyelonephritis).
• It is used to treat infection of the wall of the urinary bladder (cystitis)
• It is used to treat skin and skin structure infections such as serious bacterial skin infection (cellulitis)
• It is used to treat lower respiratory tract infections which include inflammation of the airways (bronchitis) or infection in the lungs (pneumonia).
• Augmentin is also used to treat acute bacterial inflammation within the nasal passage (acute bacterial sinusitis).
• It is also used to treat acute middle ear infection, gum swelling, and infection from animal bites.
Augmentin Infant Drops Dosage
Each 25 mg Augmentin provides 20 mg amoxicillin and 5 mg clavulanate when properly prepared.
The initial recommended daily dosage of Augmentin Infant drops is 25 mg/kg/day in divided doses every eight hours but in serious infections, the dosage may be increased up to 50 mg/kg/day in divided dosages every eight hours.
How to Administer Augmentin Infant Drops.
• Augmentin infant drops should be administered orally using the supplied syringe doser placed in the drug package.
• The syringe doser is graduated to permit accurate and reproducible volumes to be dispensed.
• Children should be given Augmentin dose according to body weight and a similar dose should be administered once every eight hours.
What are the Side Effects of Augmentin Infant Drops?
Common side effects include;
• Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat.
• Signs of liver problems like dark urine, light-coloured stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes,
• Severe stomach pain
• Unusual tiredness or weakness.
• A new fever or a fever that does not get better.
• Severe watery diarrhoea, which may have blood or red streaks.
How long do Augmentin Infant drops take to work in babies?
You should start to see an improvement in your child’s health after 2-3days of administering Augmentin. Ensure your child takes the whole course of the medicine that has been prescribed. Do not stop Augmentin early
Augmentin Infant Drops Price
Augmentin infant Drops’ price is listed in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.