Asunra is a medicine used in the treatment of chronic iron overload that is caused by frequent blood transfusion in both adults and children 2years of age and above. Asunra helps to remove the excess iron from the body and reduce the risk of it causing organ damage. Asunra is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmarcy in Lagos.
What are the uses of Asunra?
- Asunra is used to treat an excessive accumulation of iron in the body due to multiple blood transfusions
- Asunra is used for the removal of excess of iron in the body that may be caused by a genetic disorder known as non-transfusion-dependent thalassemia (NTDT).
Asunra contains Deferasirox 400mg
How does Asunra work?
Asunra Tablet work by trapping and removing excessive iron. The excessive iron is then excreted mainly in the stools. The removal of excessive iron reduces the risk of organ damage
Asunra tablet should be taken exactly as prescribed by your physician.
How to use Asunra
- Take this medicationin the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow Asunra Tablet as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it the tablet.
- Asunra Tablet is to be taken on an empty stomach.
What are the side effects of using Asunra?
Common side effects that occur from using Asunra include; Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Rash, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Itching, Increased liver enzymes, Abdominal distension, Diarrhea.
Can Asunra be taken during pregnancy?
Asunra is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless absolutely necessary. Consult your doctor before taking Asunra if you are pregnant.
- Asunra is not recommended for use in patients with a known allergy to deferasirox or any other inactive ingredients present in the medication.
- Asunra is not recommended for use by breastfeeding mothers unless absolutely necessary.
- Asunra is not recommended in patient with severe renal impairment
- It should not be used in patients suffering from advanced or end-stage cancers.
Asunra price is listed e Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store