ASSURED PEDIATRIC ELECTROLYTE
What is Assured Pediatric Electrolyte used for?
Assured Pediatric electrolyte is an oral rehydration solution that is used to replace fluids and minerals such as sodium and potassium lost due to diarrhoea and vomiting most especially in children. Assured Pediatric electrolyte is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Assured Pediatric Electrolyte Work?
Assured Pediatric Electrolyte is an Oral rehydration solution and it is used to manage fluid loss due to diarrhoea and vomiting in children. The oral rehydration solution consists of salt ( sodium chloride), water, and sugar (Glucose) as the active ingredients. It works by replenishing fluids and electrolytes that have been lost from the body and It also helps the intestines to absorb water so as to prevent further dehydration.
What is Dehydration in Children?
Dehydration occurs when an infant loses so much body fluid due to diarrhoea or vomiting that they are not able to maintain ordinary function.
What are the signs of Dehydration In Children?
Signs of Dehydration include;
• Frequent water intake.
• A dark yellow and strong-smelling pee.
• A feeling of dizziness or lightheadedness.
• feeling tired and thirsty.
• Dry Skin, mouth, lips and eyes.
• Passing out little pee, and fewer than 4 times.
• Rapid breathing.
• Fewer wet diapers and tearless crying
Assured Pediatric Electrolyte Dosage
Follow the instructions written on the product label or follow your physician’s prescription.
How should Assured Pediatric Electrolyte be used?
• Follow the directions written on the product label you are using.
• A small amount of Assured Pediatric Electrolyte solution should be given if the child is vomiting and it should be increased when vomiting subsides.
• If your infant is still being breastfed, continue to do so while you are giving your infant an assured pediatric oral rehydration solution.
• Discontinue feeding your infant with cow’s milk or milk formula for 24hours as this can trigger vomiting.
• Store Assured pediatric Electrolyte Oral rehydration solution at room temperature and keep it out of the reach of children.
• Any solution that is left one hour after making it should be discarded.
What are the Side Effects of Assured Pediatric Electrolyte?
There are no possible side effects of using an Assured Pediatric Electrolyte.
Who should not use Assured Pediatric Electrolyte?
This medication should not be used by;
• Anyone allergic to its ingredients.
• Those who have a blockage in the intestines or perforation (tear or hole) in the bowel.
What are Electrolytes in children?
Electrolytes are electrically charged minerals that are critical for nerve and muscle cell function in the body. Electrolytes include;
- Phosphorous and
What is the importance of electrolytes in babies?
Electrolytes help in maintaining fluid balance in your baby’s body cells. Electrolytes are lost when your baby experiences diarrhoea or vomiting.
Where to buy Assured Pediatric Electrolyte?
Assured Pediatric Electrolyte is available in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online largest pharmacy store.