What is Ascipram?
Ascipram is a medication used in the treatment of mental/mood disorders. It contains Escitalopram as the active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medication known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). Ascipram is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is Ascipram used for?
Ascripram is used for the treatment of;
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder,
• Post-traumatic stress disorder.
• Hot flashes due to menopause
How does Ascripram work?
Ascripram contains Escitalopram as the active ingredient. Escitalopram is used to treat depression and anxiety. Escitalopram works by helping to restore the balance of serotonin in the brain. Escitalopram may help improve your energy level and feelings of well-being and it decreases nervousness.
Follow your pharmacist or doctor’s prescription based on your medical condition or follow the instructions written on the product label.
What are the Side Effects of Ascripram?
Common side effects of Ascripram include;
Headache, Nausea, Ejaculation disorder, Somnolence, Insomnia, Dry mouth, Constipation, Fatigue, Libido decreased, Inability to achieve orgasm, Gas (flatulence), Toothache, Weight gain, Menstrual disorder, Neck/shoulder pain, Runny nose, Flu-like syndrome.
How long does it take for Ascripram to work?
It may take two to four weeks for escitalopram to show its full effect in the body.
• Do not take Ascripram if you are allergic to escitalopram or any ingredients contained in this medication
• In children and young adults, the risks of taking Ascripram must be weighed against the benefits of taking antidepressants
• During the use of Ascripram, patients should be monitored closely for changes in behaviour, clinical worsening, and suicidal tendencies. This should be done during initial 1-2 months of therapy and dosage adjustments
• Patient’s family should communicate any abrupt changes seen in behaviour to the healthcare provider
• If worsening behaviour and suicidal tendencies occur that are not part of the presenting symptoms, it may require discontinuation of therapy
• Ascripram medication is not approved for use in pediatric patients younger than 12 years.
Is Ascripram Safe in Pregnancy and Lactation?
• Escitalopram is excreted in breast milk, talk to your physician about the risk/benefit ratio before using it while breastfeeding.
• Use escitalopram with caution during pregnancy talk to your physician to know if the benefits outweigh the risks.
• The Use of escitalopram late in the third trimester is associated with complications in newborns and may require prolonged hospitalization, respiratory support, and tube feeding of the newborn.
Ascripram’s price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.