ARTHROTEC 75mg x 100 HQ
What is Arthrotec used for?
Arthrotec is a combination medicine that contains diclofenac and misoprostol prescribed for the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in people that are at high risk for developing stomach or intestinal ulcers. Arthrotec is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Arthrotec work?
Arthrotec is a combination of diclofenac and misoprostol. Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by reducing body substances that cause pain and inflammation.
Misoprostol works by reducing stomach acid and replacing protective substances in the stomach that are reduced by NSAIDs. Misoprostol help protects the lining of the oesophagus, stomach and intestines while taking diclofenac.
Each Arthrotec tablet contains;
• Diclofenac sodium 75 mg
• Misoprostol 200 mcg
Take one tablet of Arthrotec 75mg two times daily or follow your doctor or pharmacist’s prescription is suitable for your medical condition.
How do I take Arthrotec?
• You should take Arthrotec exactly as prescribed by your doctor or follow all directions on your prescription label.
• Arthrotec should be taken with food or milk to lessen stomach upset.
• Do not crush, chew or break the Arthrotec tablet. Swallow the tablet whole.
• If you are using the Arthrotec tablet for the long term, you may need to frequently go for medical tests at your doctor’s office.
How long does it take for Arthrotec Tablet to start working?
Arthrotec Tablet usually begins to work within one week to two weeks.
What are the side effects of Arthrotec?
Common side effects of Arthrotec include; abnormal vaginal bleeding, heartburn, indigestion stomach pain, gas, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and dizziness.
Severe Side effects of Arthrotec include;
• Allergic reactions to Arthrotec which include; sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, hives, wheezing or trouble breathing, and swelling in your face or throat.
• Severe skin reactions which include; fever, sore throat, burning eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash with blistering and peeling.
• Signs of a heart attack or stroke include; chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, sudden numbness or weakness on one side of your body, slurred speech, and feeling short of breath.
• Signs of stomach bleeding such as bloody stools or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
• Signs of liver problems such as; loss of appetite, stomach pain at the upper right side, tiredness, itching, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, and jaundice.
• Signs of Kidney problems which include; little or no urination, swelling in the feet or ankles, feeling tired or short of breath
• Signs of low red blood cells (Anemia) which include; Pale skin, feeling unusual tiredness, feeling light-headed or short of breath, and cold hands and feet.
Who should not take Arthrotec?
• Those with active bleeding in the stomach or intestines;
• People who are pregnant
• People with a history of an asthma attacks
• Those with a severe allergic reactions after taking aspirin or an NSAID.
Where to buy Arthrotec Tablet?
Arthrotec tablet is available for purchase in Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online largest pharmacy store.