What is Artedia tablet used for?
Artedia Tablet is an anti-malaria medication that is used for the treatment of Chloroquine resistant malaria and severe quinine resistant malaria. It is a fixed dose combination for the treatment of malaria due to Plasmodium falciparum strain which are susceptible to Amodiaquine as well as to Artesunate in both adults and children. Artedia tablet is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Artedia tablet work?.
Artedia tablet contains Amodiaquine and Artesunate as active ingredients. It works by killing the malarial parasite in the blood thus inhibiting heme polymerase activity in the body.
How long does Artedia tablet work?
Artedia tablet is to be taken completely within three days.
Artedia Tablet Dosage.
Artedia Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your physician.
How to use Artedia Tablet
- Artedia tablet should be used orally by mouth.
- Dosage of Artedia Tablet should be weight based.
- Artedia tablets should be swallowed with water.
- For patients unable to swallow the tablets whole, like the very young children, the tablets should be dissolved in water before administration. Artedia tablet can also be crushed and administered with water.
- If vomiting occurs within half an hour after dosing, a repeated dose of the medication is to be taken. In case of further vomiting by the patient, treatment for severe malaria should be considered.
Should Artedia Tablet be taken with food?
Artedia Tablet should not be taken with a high-fat meal. It should be swallowed with water.
What are the Side Effects of Artedia Tablet?
Some common side effects of Artedia includes; Nausea, Vomiting, Anorexia, Dizziness, Neutropenia, Anemia, Hemolysis, Elevated levels of liver enzymes, Syncope, Spasticity, Convulsions and Involuntary movements.
Artedia Tablet Precaution.
- You should consult with your physician before taking Artedia while pregnant as malaria can be hazardous in pregnancy.
- During lactation, the amounts of antimalarial in breast milk are small so lactating women can receive ARTESUNATE and AMODIAQUINE combination therapy for malaria treatment.
- Patients receiving ARTESUNATE AMODIAQUINE should not drive or operate a machine as somnolence, dizziness or asthenia may occur during therapy.
Artedia Tablet price
Artedia tablet price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online largest pharmacy store.