ARTANE 2mg x 50
Artane is a prescription medication that is used to treat the symptoms of Parkinson Disease. It generic name is trihexyphenidyl. It belongs to a class of drugs called Antiparkinson Agents, Anticholinergics. Artane is used mostly in adults as it is not known if it is safe to use and effective in children. Artane is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Artane 2mg work?
Artane(Trihexyphenidyl) belongs to a class of medication called Anticholinergics. As an Anticholinergics, it works by blocking a certain natural substance known as acetylcholine which helps to decrease muscle stiffness, sweating, and production of saliva and it also helps to improve the walking ability in people living with Parkinson’s disease. As an Anticholinergics, it can also stop severe muscle spasms of the back, neck, and eyes that can be sometimes caused by psychiatric drugs.
What are the uses of Artane 2mg?
- Artane is an antispasmodic drug that is used to treat the stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control of Parkinson’s disease.
- Artane is used in the treatment and prevention of muscular conditions caused by certain psychiatric drugs.
- It helps to decrease muscle stiffness, sweating, and the production of saliva, and also helps in improving walking ability in people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Artane also helps to decrease other side effects such as muscle stiffness or rigidity known as extrapyramidal signs-EPS.
Artane 2mg Dosage
Artane should be used as prescribed by your physician.
How to take Artane 2mg
- This medication should be taken by mouth, it should be taken 3 to 4 times a day with meals and at bedtime, or as directed by your physician.
- When using the liquid form of this medicine, ensure you measure the dose with a standard measuring spoon so as to get the accurate dose.
- This medication should be taken at least 1 hour before antacids containing magnesium, aluminum, or calcium.
How long does Artane 2mg take to work?
Artane 2mg contains Trihexyphenidyl which is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The onset of trihexyphenidyl action is within 1 hour after oral dosing. The peak activity is noted after 2hours to 3 hours. The duration of action of one single dose of Trihexyphenidyl is 6 to 12 hours in a dose dependent manner.
What are the side effects of Artane 2mg?
Some common sides effects of Artane 2mg include; Dizziness or blurred vision, Dry mouth, Upset stomach, Vomiting, Constipation, Headache, Difficulty urinating.
Artane 2mg precautions?
- Artane may cause dizziness or blurred vision so do not drive or operate any machine while using Artane.
- Consult your physician if you are allergic to Artane or any of it ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking Artane, if you have enlargement of the prostate or difficulty urinating; epilepsy or another seizure disorder.
- Inform your physician if you have heart disease or an irregular heartbeat before taking Artane.
- Consult your physician before taking Artane if you have kidney or liver problem.
Artane 2mg Price
Artane 2mg price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s online largest pharmacy store.