ARISTOMOL 0.5% EYE DROP
What is Aristomol Eye Drop used for?
Aristomol Eye Drop is used topically to reduce elevated intra-ocular pressure in various condition such as is used in the treatment of high pressure inside the eye due to glaucoma (a condition in which there is high pressure in the eye that leads to gradual loss of vision) or high pressure caused by other eye diseases such as ocular hypertension. Aristomol contains Timolol Maleate as the active ingredient. Aristomol is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy in Lagos.
How does Aristomol Eye Drop works?
Aristomol contains Timolol which belongs to a class of medications called beta-blockers. It works by pumping blood at a slower rate and decreasing fluid production in eye thereby lowering high pressure inside the eye and helping to prevent blindness.
What are the uses of Aristomol Eye Drop?
Aristomol Eye Drop is used topically to reduce elevated intra-ocular pressure in various condition such as
- In patients with ocular hypertension
- Patients with chronic open-angle glaucoma including aphakic patients
- Some patients with secondary glaucoma.
It reduces the level of elevated intraocular pressure in conditions such as:
- Ocular hypertension;
- Chronic open-angle glaucoma (including aphakic patients);
- Some cases of secondary glaucoma
Aristomol Eye Drop Dosage
Aristomol eye drop is usually applied to the eyes once or twice a day, at evenly spaced intervals, until pressure in the eye is controlled usually for about 4 weeks. Then it may be applied once a day.
What are the side effect of Aristomol?
Common side effects of Aristomol include;
- Temporary blurred vision,
- Temporary burning or redness of the eye.
- Watery eyes
- Dry eyes.
Severe side effects include;
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty breathing
- Sudden weight gain
- Swelling of the feet or the lower legs
Aristomol Eye Drop precautions
- Aristomol eye drop should be taken as prescribed by your physician.
- Inform your physician about your current list of medications before using Aristomol eye drop.
- Consult your physician if you have any allergy to Aristomol or any of its ingredient.
- Consult your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Aristomol eye drop.
What are the components of Aristomol Eye Drop?
Aristomol eye drop contains; Timolol maleate-0.5% as the active ingredient.
Aristomol Eye Drop Price
Aristomol eye drop price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.