ARICEPT 10MG PFIZER
What is Aricept?
Aricept is used in the treatment of confusion (dementia) related to Alzheimer’s disease. It is not a cure for Alzheimer’s disease, but it may improve memory, awareness, and the ability to function. It Contains Donepezil as the active ingredient. Aricept is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
How does Aricept work?
Aricept is an enzyme blocker that works by restoring the balance of natural substances called neurotransmitters in the brain.
The maximum recommended dosage of Aricept in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease is 10 mg per day and a dose of 10 mg should not be administered to patients, until patients have been on a daily dose of 5 mg for 4 to 6 weeks.
How to use Aricept?
- Aricept should be taken by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily at night just before bedtime.
- If you are having sleep problems (insomnia) after taken Aricept, talk to your doctor about switching to a morning dose.
What time of the day should Aricept be taken?
Aricept should be taken at night. This is because it can cause irregular or slow heartbeat for some patients, which can lead to fainting. When Aricept is taken at bedtime, patients are able to sleep through those side effects.
What are the Side Effects of Aricept?
Some common side effects of Aricept include: Nausea, Diarrhea, Insomnia, Vomiting, Muscle cramps, fatigue, Loss of appetite, Weight loss, ecchymosis (skin discoloration due to bruising).
Who should not take Aricept?
- Patient having low amount of magnesium in the blood.
- Patient with low amount of potassium in the blood.
- Patient with neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion.
- Patient with heart attack.
Aricept price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy.