AQUACEL 5CM x 5CM
Aquacel is used in exudate management for moderately to heavily exuding wounds. Aquacel is a hydrofiber dressing that contains Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose with 1.2% ionic silver. Aquacel can be purchased on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy in Lagos.
What is Aquacel used for?
- For chronic wounds such as leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and fungating lesions
- For acute wounds such as post-surgical wounds, abrasions, lacerations and partial thickness burns
What are the benefits of using Aquacel?
- Aquacel provides excellent absorption and retention capabilities for moderate to highly exuding wounds.
- It helps to reduce wound pain while the dressing is in situ and upon removal.
- Aquacel supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment.
- It is soft and conformable. It allows intimate contact with the wound surface which reduces “dead space” where bacteria may reside
How to apply Aquacel
- Before applying Aquacel, carefully cleanse the wound with saline and dry the surrounding skin.
- Apply Aquacel directly onto the wound leaving an adequate overlap onto the surrounding skin of at least 1cm.
- When using Aquacel dressing ribbon in cavity wounds, loosely pack the wound to about 80% capacity leaving at least 2.5cm outside the wound for easy retrieval.
- The Aquacel dressing should then be covered with an appropriate secondary wound care dressing.
How does Aquacel work?
Aquacel Dressing has the unique gelling action of Hydrofiber Technology that helps to absorb and lock in exudate and bacteria from wounds.
How long can Aquacel be left on?
Aquacel surgical is designed to stay in place for up to 14 days or more. This is subject to clinical assessment.
Can Aquacel be bought over the counter?
Aquacel can be bought over the counter and it may be used for abrasions, lacerations, minor cuts, minor scalds and burns.
Aquacel price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy.