What Is Aprovel 75mg?
Aprovel is a medication that is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Renal disease in patients with hypertension and type 2 diabetes. Aprovel may be used either alone or in combination with other antihypertensive agents. It contains Irbesartan as the active ingredient. Aprovel 75mg, is available at Drugstore Nigeria, an online Pharmacy in Lagos.
How Does Aprovel 75mg Work?
Aprovel belongs to the group of medication known as angiotensin-II receptor antagonists. Angiotensin-II is a substance that is produced in the body which binds to receptors in blood vessels causing the blood vessels to become tightened. The tightening of the blood vessels causes an increase in blood pressure. Aprovel 75mg, prevents the binding of angiotensin-II to these receptors, this causes the blood vessels to relax and the blood pressure to lower. Aprovel 75 also works by slowing down the decrease of kidney function in patients with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
What are the uses of Aprovel 75mg?
- Aprovel 75mg is used in the treatment of high blood pressure also known as Essential hypertension.
- It is used to protect the kidney in patients with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and laboratory evidence of impaired kidney function.
Aprovel 75mg Dosage.
Aprovel 75mg should be used as prescribed by your physician.
Can Aprovel 75mg be taken with food or drink?
Aprovel 75mg, can be taken with or without food.
How long does Aprovel 75 mg lower blood pressure?
The peak reduction of blood pressure is achieved within 3-6 hours after administration of Aprovel 75mg and the blood pressure lowering effect is maintained for at least 24 hours.
Is Aprovel 75mg a blood thinner?
Aprovel 75mg contains irbesartan as an active ingredient. Irbesartan works as an ‘angiotensin-II-receptor antagonist by blocking the action of a hormone in the body called angiotensin II. Angiotensin II is a powerful vasoconstrictor. A vasoconstrictor is a substance that narrows blood vessels.
What are the side effects of Aprovel 75 mg?
Some common side effects of Aprovel 75mg includes; Diarrhea, Heartburn, Tiredness, Dizziness; especially when standing up after sitting or lying down.
Some other severe but not common sides effects of Aprovel includes; Increased potassium levels, Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet, Difficulty in breathing, Orthostatic Hypotension, Increased heartbeat, Pharyngitis, Heartburn.
Aprovel 75mg Precaution
- Aprovel 75mg should not be taken if you are allergic or hypersensitive to irbesartan or any other ingredients of Aprovel.
- Consult your physician before taken Aprovel if you are pregnant.
- Consult your physician if when taking Aprovel 75mg you suffer from; excessive vomiting or diarrhea, kidney problems, heart problems, diabetic kidney disease.
Aprovel 75mg price
Aprovel 75mg price is listed on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online Pharmacy store.