What is Apidra Solostar used for?
Apidra Solostar is used as an antidiabetic agent in reducing high blood sugar in adults and children with diabetes mellitus a disease where your body doesn’t produce enough insulin for the control of the blood sugar level. Apidra solostar is used to treat type 1 or type 2 diabetes in adults, and type 1 diabetes in children who are at least 4 years and older. It is available at Drugstore Nigeria, an online Pharmacy in Lagos.
How does Apidra Solostar works?
Apidra Solostar contains Insulin glulisine which starts working faster and lasts for a shorter time than regular insulin. insulin glulisine works by helping blood sugar (glucose) to get into cells so that the body can use it for energy. Apidra Solostar is usually used with a medium or long acting insulin product.
Apidra Solostar Dosage
Apidra solostar is a disposable single-patient-use prefilled insulin pen Apidra Solostar should be taken within 15 minutes before starting a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
How to use Apidra Solostar?
Apidra Solostar can be used as a meal ticket insulin. It can also be infused subcutaneously but using external insulin infusion pumps. When Apidra Solostar is used as a mealtime insulin, it should be given within 15 minutes before starting a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
What are Apidra Solostar Precautions?
- Rotate the injection sites after each dose to reduce the risk of getting lipodystrophy ( a pitted or thickened skin) and localized cutaneous amyloidosis (a skin with lumps) at the injection sites.
- Do not take the injection on the same spot and do not inject where the skin is pitted, thickened, lumpy, bruised, scaly, hard, scarred or damaged.
- Needles, insulin pens or syringes should not be shared with others even when the needle is changed. You should not reuse needles.
- You should not use Apidra Solostar if you have a low blood sugar reaction or if you have an allergy to insulin glulisine or ingredients in Apidra.
- You should inform your physician if liver or kidney problems before taking Apidra Solostar.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your physician before using Apidra Solostar.
- Apidra Solostar should not be taken to get with pills called TZDs (thiazolidinediones). This can lead to heart failure.
How long does it take for Apidra Solostar to work?
Apidra Solostar is a fast-acting and flexible mealtime insulin. It is the only mealtime insulin that has been approved to be taken within 15 minutes before meal or 20mins after you must have started eating.
What are the side effects of taking Apidra Solostar?
Apidra Solostar may cause serious Side Effects which includes;
- Hypoglycemia: low blood sugar
- General body rash
- Shortness of breath,
- Trouble breathing
- Fast pulse
- Sweating or feeling faint
- Hypokalemia: Low potassium in your blood
- Heart failure
Apidra Solostar Price
Apidra Solostar is available for purchase at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online Pharmacy.